Maintains and repairs hardware, software and service applications.
Effectively maintains customer hardware/software. Responsible for delivering timely and effective repairs to ensure optimal system performance and superior customer satisfaction.
- Identify software and hardware problems and repair
- Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components
- Install cables and configures hardware and software
- Document system addresses and configurations
- Run diagnostic programs or use test equipment to locate source of problems
- Communicate effectively with end users and customer management
- Maintain security and functionality through application of program temporary fixes
During change, acts systematically to respond to day by day operational needs and react to them, avoiding service disruptions and maintaining coherence to (SLA) and information security requirements.
Systematically analyses performance data and communicates findings to senior experts. Escalates potential service level failures and security risks, recommends actions to improve service reliability. Tracks reliability data against SLA.
Exploits specialist knowledge and in-depth understanding of the ICT infrastructure and problem management process to identify failures and resolve with minimum outage. Makes sound decisions in emotionally charged environments on appropriate action required to minimize business impact. Rapidly identifies failing component, selects alternatives such as repair, replace or reconfigure.
Understands and applies the principles of risk management and investigates ICT solutions to mitigate identified risks.
Communicates and monitors application of the organisation’s quality policy.